Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summer Time Summer Time

With only a week of summer vacation left my thoughts are turned to school...aaghh. I'm always going to accomplish so much when school is out in the spring. What are those great accomplishments? Whoa the list is short. I wonder, if I can't get things done without work will I be able to do anything once the work begins. It's amazing how it all seems to fit into your schedile whether busy or not.
About this time of year I'm dreaming of a dormant lawn and only a few months ago I was excited to start up the old John Deere and get that lawn manicured. Tomatoes are taking over and who needs to mention the zucchini. Corn on the cob is more of a task now than a treat. I wish I could spread the good produce out for a few more months. Wouldn't it be fun to have lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, and tomatoes from your garden in November or January?


Just a small explaination about the two blogs about my weekend....I didn't know about the refresher button!!Still learning about this "blog" stuff , work with me while I discover it all.

4 comments:

chartie said...

And I haven't even been able to taken advantage of the corn on the cob! If there's any left, maybe Warren and I will have to have a corn eating contest.

Deidra said...

Good work mom! Yeah, our garden is becoming more of a chore than the fun it was earlier this spring. Funny how that happens, isn't it? I guess I'll take it while I have it!

Nikkala said...

At least your 2 posts are telling the same story. It would be super embarassing if you had two different versions!

Karisa said...

The summer has cruised by. Even though I don't have to go back to school, I still get that sick feeling in my stomach.