Sunday, August 06, 2006

The End of Something Good?

Tonight Kathy and I are headed to Salt Lake for the last of my back to school clothes shopping trips with my girls. It is an exciting time for me and a sad time also. I look forward to these outings, but often times they bring a lot of frustration. I remember the year Karisa cried all the time in every store. When I finally cornered her and asked her what the heck was the matter she came back with the reply that she thought she needed to start wearing a bra. A trip to Penney's solved that serious problem. Another year when we took our neighbor nanny Lisa with us and we were out at V F Factory Outlet Mall. Lisa asked what I wanted her to do to help me. My reply was to just watch Deidra, not an easy task. Soon, over the store's PA system I hear "We have a little lost girl in the front who says her name is Deidra." Thanks Lisa! Or the year we got a flat tire on the way home at the Juniper rest stop and the great man stopped and helped us. Or....there is a story for every year school clothes shopping, maybe tomorrow night will bring the best of all.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I was thinking about me, the wanderer, the other day. It's still a task to keep track of myself when I go in stores. I get so distracted so easily!
I remember at VF that it was this HUGE bin of socks I found so fascinating.

Karisa said...

Thanks for spilling the beans on me Mom. In case any of you were wondering. . . yes, I do wear a bra. Now that I'm no longer nursing, I feel like I could move back to just a training bra.

Unknown said...

Yes! School Shopping were about some of the best times! I'm sad I'm no longer part of them:(.