Friday, January 04, 2008

MICE

Prompt for the day...what was the first thing that you can remember scaring you as a child.

No doubt filthy scurrying mice. When I was growing up we had an added on storage room that was totally infested with mice. When you opened the door sometimes you would spot them scurrying out of sight.I swear my mother would always have me go out there to get something just to make me cringe. I would stomp and bang all the way out there in hopes those rodents would know I was coming and get out of sight before I opened the door. That memory still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I'm am so grateful for a husband that built me a house tight without any cracks for mice to get into our home through. The fear of mice has not lessened over the years!

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Mice give me the heebie-jeebies too! I hate them!

Karisa said...

I had a hard time watching Rataouille and seeing them scurry.

Deborah said...

Hello Patrice, its Deborah Orr I came across your blog and thought that this would be a good way to let you know how I am doing and see how your family is doing. I do not make it down that way very often so I have lost touch with alot of people. Glad to see all is well. ttyl.
Deborah

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

Hi Patrice,
Mice are just awfulllll111. I am finally getting the hang of this blog stuff thanks to my daughter. I think you are having a birthday soon. LUNCH SOMEDAY
Vicki