Yesterday I attended the funeral for Glen Judd. Everytime I attend a funeral I start thinking about my own funeral.I don't have any plans of checking out soon, but I surely don't want to have people bored to death listening to people drone on and on. I told Warren my funeral better not be a minute over an hour! I really think that Tameka on the marimba, Chris on the piano and Chod singing the song If You Don't Know Me By Now would be a hoot! It was playing on the radio yesterday on the way home and I'm taking it as a sign.
A fun humorous speaker to keep everyone entertained would be appreciated also.I mean how many ways can people tell what a wonderful person I was. When I leave a funeral it usually is the fun clever things said about the person that I go away thinking about. If some is made up would people question it, or would they just say....wow I didn't know that! What do you think?
On a little more serious side...tomorrow is 9/11. It doesn't seem posible that it's been five years since it has happened. The other day on channel one, it was talking about it and interview some of the kids that were in the classroom with President Bush when he was told about the attack. They were little kids being read a book and now they are in high school. It seems like a long time since you you could causally get on an airplane. You could actually see someone off at the gate as they boarded instead of kicking them out at the curb. You didn't look around checking out who is on board and having an escape plan in mind. Those terrible acts that day have changed the lives of so many people. It doesn't seem fair that a few could do harm to so many. Have you taken time to reflect back to that day and remember what you were doing five years ago when you heard the news?
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will start learning the piano part for that song for ya. Who knows? Maybe Chod, Tameka, and I will go on to start our own funeral band and start playing at funerals throughout the country and, eventually, the world!
I will always remember where I was on 9/11. It was my VERY first day of work at the wonderful Wally-world in Logan. I got to get out of watching the boring orientation videos!
Post a Comment