Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Declo Days and Beyond...


I did it! I've been saying that I would like to run a race of some kind and I finally did it. Last Saturday was Declo Days and Chris was coming home to run the five mile run they had. Deidra and Chris convinced me to run the 5K. I finally agreed to it just wanting to be able to run the whole thing without walking.

I know to a lot of people 5K is only a warm up to their runs, but to me that is a milestone. I am excited to say that I ran it all and wasn't the last to finish!! Hooray for me. Now I can just keep going!!

I don't think that there are any marathons in my future, but I know that I can run a little further in the mornings than I've been doing, so that is good.

3 comments:

chartie said...

Good work! I'm glad that you did it. And you should give yourself more credit. You did quite well.

Unknown said...

Wow, way to go Aunt Batrice! That is a great accomplishment. Hope all is well.

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

Well girl you go!. A 5K I am impressed. I can't run a block. Call me I have good news, maybe you have already heard.