I've been tagged by Deidra to share some of my Christmas memories.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I'm not really into either. How about fresh squeezed orange juice?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It's a lot more fun to unwrap something than to just look at it. If things are very large or really irregular then they are left unwrapped. Most stocking stuffers are unwrapped for little-middle-of-the-night-spies to see.
3.Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights and thousands of them on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No mistletoe
5. When do you put up decorations? As soon as Thanksgiving Day is over. I have a lot and it takes me a couple days of steady work to get them all out. I love to bring them out and remember how and where I got them. Most things go in the same place each year.
6. What is my favorite holiday dish? I love food so it is hard for me to pick just one. I do make a salad every year for Christmas Eve dinner that is jello with blueberry pie filling and a wonderful topping that I only make for Christmas so I'll pick it.
7. Favorite memory as a child? Waiting for my dad to come in from doing chores so we could go out into the living room to see what Santa had left us and having mom read stories to us to keep us entertained in the bedroom.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have always known the truth about Santa! He's the one that makes Christmas happen!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? How do you get a Christmas gift before Santa comes?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? One in every bedroom, one in the family room downstairs and a large one in the living room upstairs. When we built our home I had an electrical outlet placed in the floor so I could have my Christmas tree in the middle of the room. It has thousands of lights with large Santa face ornaments that look like they are carved out of wood on it. I love Christmas trees!
11.Can you ice skate? I can put on ice skates, but what I do with them isn't really called skating.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Well my husband surprised me last year with a new car which was pretty spectacular, but I really just like gift except "blue footed booty things" that my husband also gave me one year.
13. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? There's so much that is wonderful about the holidays, but my favorite is FAMILY.
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I don't really like mince meat pie, but anything else rates pretty high with me.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have a lot of traditions and I think the combination of them is what I love. I like to hear that my daughters have enjoyed these things also.
16. What tops your tree? The ceiling! I don't have a tree topper.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving hands down. I love to give something homemade and try to make a lot of gifts each year. It's the only way I can afford to give to everyone on my list.
18. What is your favorite Christmas song. "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". It's not sang often, but I love the message in it.
19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? The world has it way over commercialized, but it doesn't have to be in our homes and that is where things really matter any way.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment