Burley is known for the wind, but Friday afternoon I think it set a new record. About 4 pm it started to blow- not a little breeze. I'm talking gale forces around 50-60 miles a hour gust that where pretty steady. This carried on for about three hours. It was blowing out of the south, an unusual direction for us. The wind usually howls out of the west.
It was a hot,dirt moving wind that was nasty. The power went off several times during this episode also. Pots on my back porch were blown off, other planters blown over, outdoor furniture was topped over and branches were ripped off the trees.
This morning I ran to the church library to check on a video for my lesson tomorrow and on the way there notice several yards that had trees blown over in them. Ward members were already out in force to help.
When I got home I explained the situation in the ward to Warren. He rounded up his chain saw and I grabbed my gloves and off we went. We found out that eight different families in the ward had trees or large section of trees blown over. We had a good time helping out! That's what it's all about isn't it?
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I called Whit today, and Uncle Bret answered her phone. He said you had just gotten back from cutting up trees... at some eskimo's house. Sounds like everyone was out helping. Good work.
Post a Comment