Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice

Being that today is the longest day of the year I decided that I have time to blog!!

Summer is moving along at a rapid rate. My garden seems to be jumping now that it is hot. My yard takes a good hunk out of each morning, but I enjoy the results so I don't mind the time and effort that goes into it. I love all the flowers blooming. I'm amazed at all the different shapes and colors. The thing that always fasinates me is how the blossom is all folded up inside the plant and unfolds so beautifully. Has anyone else marvelled at that small miracle or am I just a little crazy? Another little thing to think about is how the plants creats the fruit or vegetable. You plant this tiny little seed and add water and WHAM. You end up with food!! How neat is that. No produce aisles for awhile.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

I wish it was WHAM! A little more instant gratification would be cool. We're hoping an application of Miracle Grow helps our midget tomatoes. It is exciting to see it all progress along!